Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Let's try again

I tried to post on New year's Eve, but Blogger was on the fritz. So:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!



Anyway, the first post of 2008 finds me excited. I am excited about what the year has to offer, both at the table, and away from it. Looking forward to another wonderful trip to Las Vegas this summer, a trip to NY for a buddy's wedding, but most of all, a family junket to Disney in Florida. First family vacation (a vacation, not a trip to visit family), we've taken. Gonna be fun.


As for poker, gonna be a bit on the light side for me. Maybe something this Sunday (maybe--I have a road trip on Saturday, but could try to pull something together). The following week, I will likely be seeing my daughter (although no plans are set yet), and then the week after is January League event.


So many friends have asked me if I am watching Poker After Dark (NBC), and honestly I haven't, until recently. During Christmas (when I felt I was near death), my sleep schedule was out of whack, so I was awake when I should have been sleeping, etc. Watched some PAD, and now I know what those folks were talking about. What a fun show! I know, welcome to 2-3 years ago. Apparently, I am watching reruns at the moment, so I will be making a point to check out PAD once some new shows appear.


On the way out of this entry, a big thanks to Mrs. Chipstack. It was December 30th, 2002, when she phoned me and asked if I would fly into Chicago the next morning, and get married on January 1, 2003. I agreed, flew in, got our license on new years eve, married the next afternoon, and every day since has been wonderful.


Happy anniversary, baby. I love you.


Good luck, good cards, and Happy New Year.

~M

No comments: