Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Battle Gear

My love of hockey follows me to the poker table. I love wearing my hockey jerseys when I play cards, and I added some new colors to the closet.
The blue jersey on the left is the look of the Quebec Nordiques, the NHL team that later became the Colorado Avalanche. That uniform is circa 1988. The Detroit jersey on the right is a throwback uniform from the 1991-1992 season. That year, the original 6 teams in the NHL wore throwback uniforms. I already have the Chicago Blackhawks throwback, and I have something added for that Chicago jersey, and the Detroit sweater you see there. If you notice, on the left chest, there is the captain's "C" (it's actually on both now that I look at it). On the right chest of the Detroit jersey, there is a blank space. Well, that's where the NHL's 75th anniversary patch was worn, and I actually possess 2 of those patches. I'm gonna take the patches and put them on the Chicago and Detroit jerseys. They look sweet now...complete with the 75th patch, they will rule.

I know, I am a mega-dork when it comes to hockey jerseys and the like, but I love the game. I love the speed, the power, the grace, the grit...all of it. I miss playing (but I may actually be getting back on the ice in the very near future--still need to work out some details). When it comes to my love of the jerseys, well, I just love the colors, the traditional look of them. Brings back wonderful memories for me, watching NHL games in Chicago. I am still searching for this particular Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, but I have a buddy that is going to Toronto this weekend, and I asked him to scout around and see if he could find one for me. We'll see.

OK, enough memory lane strolling. Have to get to work soon, a busy day awaits. No rounding for me this weekend, but looking forward to next weekend's January league event. Believe it or not, I miss seeing that crew--it's been just about 6 weeks since I have seen most of them, so it will certainly be a fun night of cards, no matter the outcome.

But I plan on winning again.....hee hee....

~M

*Late note--a 3rd jersey also arrived today--LA Kings alternate from last season--NICE!

No comments: