Monday, January 7, 2008

Hey there!

Welcome to 2008--a week in, and so far so good.
First home game of 2008 was a biggie--10 players crammed into the Poker parlor, and it was a night of some big hands, and tough beats.
I had 1 rebuy (go figure), and needed it when I had trip 5's lose to a river 10, making the villain a winner with a full house. C'est la vie.

After the rebuy, had a monster pot roll my way. In the BB, I had K5 suited in diamonds, no raises, so I check it. Flop comes with 3 diamonds (one of which being the ace). It gets checked around, the turn card comes off as a brick, I check again, get 1 caller on the all in, then I shove all in, and get called. The original all-in had 3-2 of diamonds for the flopped flush as well, and actually had the straight flush draw--had I not had the 5 of diamonds. The river card missed all who needed help, and I raked a monster.

Had a couple other nice pots come my way. Turned a 7 high straight with 4-7 in the hole from the BB. Called 600 more of a raise (blinds 100-200), and there were 3 limpers ahead of me in the pot. The pot, with the raise was 1700+ (antes as well), so or me 600 more into that to go prospecting wasn't too terrible (considering I had dragged the big pot earlier, and could afford 600 more).
Hand that I was kicking myself over a little came later:

Blinds 300-600/75 ante

Button raises to 1800
Me (BB) call
Limper in mid position re-pops all in for roughly 4K more. Button re-pops all in for about 9K total.

I muck.

First all-in shows AQ
Button flips over 99.

Board comes 8 high (with 8's paired), Mid-limper out, Button becomes big stack.

Any guess as to what I laid down there?

From the BB, I called the button raise, but couldn't call off another 9K to his re-re-raise. I could have, but I felt the right play was folding.

The players that were there know what I mucked, and if you have played with me you probably know what I folded also.

I'll check for comments (I get like 10 a year lol), but if there are no guesses, I'll provide the answer in the next post.

Oh, I did manage a 3rd place finish, with Jason C. finishing 2nd, and John H. taking it down.

~M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DHP BABY!!!!!!......LOLOLOLOLOL :) :D

-AcesFull said...

Nope. Next?