Thursday, January 31, 2008

11 months left?

Where did January go? Can't beleive the month is already in the books (well, in another 12 hours or so). Time does fly when you're having fun, or in my case, working, dealing with a cold, and looking for your next card game.

Likely won't have anything this weekend, what with Super Bowl 42 and all. Heading to Irish Jim's for the annual end of the season championship game. New England v. NY Giants. Pats 18-0, Giants a HUGE underdog. If I were in Vegas, I would bet the Giants and take the points--they will need them. Since I am NOT in Vegas, I won't be making a wager on this one.

What else? Mrs. Chipstack finally convinced me on a new TV. We picked it up last weekend, and it's a beauty. I am quite happy with it, and look forward to much enjoyment (read--watching hockey and WSOP coverage in HD) in the future.

I did play a game Sunday, and Mrs. Chipstack sat in and played too. While I was a complete moron, she played great. Finished 3rd, and cashed which was cool. That's her 2nd straight money finish--she rarely plays. When she does play, all she needs is one hand to get paid off on, and she can move her chips around well enough to cash. I dusted off my initial buy in, and then (gulp) 3 rebuys. Volsfan took it all down--she's on a nice little heater of late, playing some damn solid poker.

Been fighting off a head cold for a couple days. Ugh. Sudafed only does so much. Think I will grab some orange juice on the way to work today, and take the offensive on getting rid of this thing.

Anyway, sorry to blog and really say pretty much nothing--that's kinda how things are rolling right now. Nice and quiet, steady and even-keeled. Feels good.

~M

No comments: