Saturday, January 26, 2008

Try to help a friend....

..and the cards spit in yer eye. Check this out.

Fessca (Villain) raises it to 150 (blinds 50-100). I flat-call (I'm playing for beachgal).

Flop comes off as you see it. Villain bets 200, I raise it the pot (975). Villain shoves all-in (has me covered).

What hands would I be fearing here? If Villain hit a set, he would likely check it, hoping I hit the A on the flop. If Villain hit his A, he is likely trying to see where he is (which my raise should indicate I nailed the flop in the privates). I know I have the lead with top 2 pair, as his post flop bet tells me no set is in play.

I call, and he shows me AK. I need to dodge 3 Kings with 2 cards to come. Villain picks up the straight draw on the turn, and fills on the river.

I don't know that I could have played it any better. Can't get all the chips in any better than that. Runner runner to get eliminated.

NOW I remember what I don't miss about online poker.

Sheesh.

~M

No comments: