Friday, October 5, 2007

One thing that won't be said about me...

...is that I welch on bets. If I make a bet, I honor it if I lose, or collect if I win. If I shove my chips in the middle behind, and lose--you get my chips. If I push with the best and win, I get your chips. I am an honest person, and when I agree to something, I follow through.

In June, I pushed all in that a certain baseball team would not make the playoffs. I had the best hand at the time. My opponent was drawing very thin. He had a starting rotation that was shaky, they had an offense that wasn't lighting the world on fire, and a first year manager that hadn't exactly been the second coming of Joe Torre.

Once the river card of the baseball season peeled off, it was obvious that I was the one drawing dead. They had done the unthinkable, in my eyes anyway, so, now it is time to pay up.

Nice hand, sir.

This sucks.



























Its sucks because I am a Chicago WHITE SOX fan. I hate the Cubs. My head is burning in that picture, and what's worse is I have to wear that hat ALL DAY during the upcoming CANUSA Cup matches in October. Good thing for me is, the magic of the Cubs run appears to be running low, as they trail Arizona 2-0 in the best of 5 series...but don't think I am counting them out. They went runner-runner on me to win the NL Central....they could suckout on Arizona too.

~M

No comments: