Tuesday, October 9, 2007

20 year reunion was a lot of fun. I know I would have had even more fun if the wife had come along, but circumstances, etc. Saw and caught up with a lot of old faces, that, unfortunately, I will likely never see again. I got the sense that 10 years from now, there won't be much interest in gathering as a group, but who knows. For the few hours we were all together, it was nice to kick open the doors of those days at our alma mater, and relive some of the moments we had long forgotten about.




I will say this--there are several of my fellow classmates who look very much like they did when we got dressed up in cap & gown. There are many that do not. Still, the people are still the same, and THAT was most enjoyable. Some conversations picked up where they left off at the 10 year reunion. Others had to be jumpstarted. No biggie.



A big thanks to Ron and Jacki (our organizers), as they were the ones that put this whole thing together. I got to see their kids play in the JV and Varsity games (by the way, we got smashed 56-0 on Homecoming-Ugh), and I saw a side of them I didn't see in high school--the parental side. These 2 had a baby in HS, but never did I see them as parents until Saturday. They are very good at raising their kids--very respectful, and very nice. Good to know good people.



POker--back on tonight--Irish Jim's--I head over there in about 45 minutes. Cards Sunday. League next Saturday. I got the itch, and Imma gonna scratch it!

~M

No comments: