Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am SO good

I can't even begin to describe it. I STEAMROLLED the table at Irish Jim's, playing flawless poker, running bluffs, raising with the nuts. My reads were dead solid perfect, and man, I just know that I can run with the big dogs.

OK, that might be a bit of a lie. In fact, the only truth in the above statement was that I won Tuesday night.

I busted TWICE (thank heavens for the 2 max rebuy rule), and was severely short stacked at the end of the rebuy period. I did use some very well timed aggression to win some pots, but overall, this was by far the luckiest I have ever been at the poker table. Hands down. I really didn't start "playing poker" until I was in a zone where I could actually play. I was so short stacked that I was in all-in or fold mode for nearly 3 levels. I did pick my spots pretty well, but got lucky when I outflopped a better hand once, and held a better hand in an all-in.

Once we got to 4 handed, paying 3, I had this hand UTG: K-10o. I was still the short stack, so I push, and get called by the BB who has KJo. Flop comes Q-J-10, ugh, but with 2 clubs, I have the Kc. Turn is 10c, giving me a set, river is 4c, giving me a flush. Lucky. Not a string of skill in that, just plain ole luck. That doubled me, and had me on my way. Flopped 2 pair with A8, and was able to trap my buddy Klownboxer, and that broke the bubble. Tracy knocked off Jason to get us to heads up, and in HU, we saw the blinds hit the 2000, 4000 with 400 ante level. Lots of chips in the middle before you look at a card. Gladly was able to outlast him there, even though he did double through me one to make it interesting.

Track this weekend, cards again on Sunday.

Maybe sometime in the next month, I will sleep.

Good luck and good cards,
~M

No comments: