Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The lull

I hate the lull between poker sessions. Hate it. Played our league event on the 15th, got a 2nd place in a HORSE game at my buddy Roto's, and now it looks like the next time I sit at a table, it will be the October league event. This Saturday is my only non-booked Saturday for the next month. Ugh. I think the wife and I are going to paint a bedroom that day, too. Maybe I can pull a game together for Saturday night. No game Sunday, as I have the Panthers to cover.

I had a weird dream last night, too. I dreamt I was visiting my daughter at college, and grinder Paul Wasicka was there. Wasicka, you may recall, finished 2nd to Jamie Gold in the Main Event in 2006. Wasicka seems to be a decent fella, and a helluva player--he won the NBC National Heads Up title this year. Anyway, dreamt that while visiting my daughter, Wasicka was there as a theatrical director, working for the school. We got to talking, and I invited him to a game. I won't begin to analyze what this means, because I don't know where to begin. I have a link to his blogsite on the right hand margin of this page. Cool stuff.

Looking ahead to my weekend schedules:
9-29/30-OPEN, Panthers-Tampa Bay Sunday
10-6/7 - 20 Yr. HS Reunion in Chicago, home Sunday.
10-13/14 - NASCAR race, home Sunday (possible game day)
10-20/21 - League game, open Sunday
10-27/28 - CANUSA Saturday, Panthers-Colts Sunday
11-3/4 - My birthday Saturday, Irish Jim's birthday Sunday. All bets are off!

Good luck and good cards,
~M

No comments: