Thursday, September 6, 2007

Game On!


It's late, so just some bullet points:

1-Played at Irish Jim's on Wednesday night. Didn't money, and suffered a couple nice ridiculous beats. One time, raise with KK in mid-late, get called by 10-8 off, and a 10 on flop, and then another on turn hose me (although not crippling). Later I have 99, raise with it, get called by the AQ dude from a previous blogpost. Board has 2 Q's, a 2 and 4 (no flush draw). I shove the turn, for 125 more than the villain has. He tanks, and finally calls with AK--sound familiar? No pair, no draw to the board, just overs. You know how this movie ends.

River: K.

Ugh. I played well--got my money in ahead every time except when I was short stacked and getting ridiculous pot odds to play for all my chips. I read a nice article my buddy Vito posted at our league board about thinking long term, rather than short term. I have been guilty of that in the past, and still am to some degree, but I am trying like hell to get better at it. I thought I was better after busting at Jim's. I played well, made good decisions, and simply got unlucky. I get players to make bad decisions more often than not, and in the long run, the results will back up my play.

2-NFL SEASON IS HERE!!!!! YES! Man is it a long off-season when your team is not in the playoffs. Panthers open on the road Sunday. I will be glued to the set--High Life in hand watching the cats try to tame the Rams. Had a nice feeling about the Panthers heading into camp, but their pre-season work was a bit lackluster. We spoke to Steve Smith today (wide receiver for the visitors that don't know him), and he basically said that the pre-season was as generic as could be. He's in his 7th year, and for the first time in years, he has actually had to STUDY the play book, because it's not the same garbage that was in there from the previous Offensive Coordinator. That's friggin enlightening. The guy is amped about the season, the new OC, and his goal of going for 2,000 yards receiving this year. he sniffs that number, the Panthers are in the Superbowl. Book it.

3-With the NASCAR race set for Saturday night, GAME ON FOR SUNDAY. My best half green lighted me for it, so it looks like cards shall be in the air.

This blog is very therapeutic for me. It is a way for me to vent about bad plays by bad players, bad beats that are the result of those bad plays, and in the end, help me purge those negative vibes. I've been feeling sick most of the day because of what took place on Wednesday, replaying the hands in my mind, and in the end, I have come to this. You just can't overcome luck. You can't. All you can do is hope that Lady Luck sticks with you, and doesn't blow on some other guys dice instead.

OH--league event next Saturday. May not get the chance to go back-to-back since the wife's company outing is Saturday. Hoping we are there for much of it, because it's at an amusement park. A long day with a 7 year old and a 13 year old in a wheelchair, so I might have a chance to make it to the tourney on time, or somewhere into the 1st or 2nd level--if I go at all. Have to wait and see.

Good luck and good cards!
~M

2 comments:

BV said...

Ain't rebuys fun?

Anonymous said...

There were two tens on the flop. The river was an 8.

Klownboxer