Thursday, February 1, 2007

The 2005 Main Event..and other thoughts

ESPN2 is currently running their coverage of the Main Event tournament.

Talk about digging your eyes out of your head with a rusty butterknife.

AARON KANTER SHOULD DIE OF GHONNORHEA AND ROT IN HELL.

Whew, that felt good.

It amazes me the number of times Kanter got his money in with the worst of it, only to run down the lead and win the hand(s), and bust players.

Exhibit A: The video picks up after the flop, where Kanter has already called Raymer's aggressive pre-flop raise. Raymer's KK dictating the big raise....There are numerous other examples on Kanter's shitty play, and luckboxing afterwards to save him....just do a search on Youtube with his name--and then prepare a bucket or bag to throw up in.

Tiffany Williamson. Donkey.

I wanted to see Shawn Sheikhan punch her right in the mouth--that, of course, didn't happen, but it woulda made for great TV.

No, I do not condone violence against women. Williamson BARELY qualifies in that regard. It was nice justice that she did NOT make the final table,

You may be surprised, but I actually kinda enjoyed watching Matusow-Sheikhan verbally spar with one another. I read somewhere after this event that the 2 of them actually get along, and the jousting at the table was nothing more than a show. I am not much on Sheikhan as a player--I know he's got game, but there is something about him that is a turn off.

Matusow's game is amazing--provided he controls himself and avoids the "Matusow Blow-Up."

Online accounts are dry--need a reload, and think I will try epassporte out--heard and read some good things about it, but all the crap with the US government and online gaming is almost enough to keep me from putting cash into my accounts again. It's such a pain in the ass, and makes moving to Las Vegas so much more appealing. Yeah, it's a pipe dream (that moving to Vegas thing), but I can still dream.

Hit 1 number and the powerball....THAT'S $4 BABY!!! Only $19,999,996 short of my goal from last night, but hey, it's a start.

Good luck and good cards!
~M

No comments: