Friday, January 19, 2007

Online Poker rant


OK...NetTeller is gone, as far as online poker goes.

They pulled the plug when 2 former execs were arrested in the US (NT is not a US based company). I don't exactly know why they were arrested--just that they were, and the company shit all over itself, and yanked any connections with online gaming sites.

So, to quote my buddy Kris, "What does it all mean?"

It means that Bill Frist (the ass of a formerly elected official-he did not run for re-election), is getting his way. The passage of the Safe Ports Act is the death-knell of online poker. They slipped the UIGE (slang for Unlawful internet Gaming Act) into the Safe Ports Act, and guess what? It passed virtually uncontested. Something like 2 Senators voted against it. Who is going to vote against Safe Ports for our country? No one. So the bill passed easily.

There are other ways to get your money into an online site, but the question now is, is it all really worth it?
I am finding more idiots online than ever. Donks who wouldn't last a minute in a live game. Yes, I should be happy about the fish, but I am not. I play tournaments and sit-n-gos online. I don't play the ring games--I hate rakes. It's a different mindset in a tourney, and I like that kind of pressure. Lately, online poker has been bad for my live game.

Which leads me to this weekend. January event in the league. I have had 2 clunkers in a row, and need to get back on stroke. I got a nice boost of confidence last weekend during the wife's birthday game, finishing 4th. I folded hands I had been playing the past 2 league tourneys, and now, I think I can get back on stroke and play well. I am sitting in good shape points wise, but one more bad finish, and that goes away too. I don't want that.

I know I can win this month.

And I just might.
~M
PS--here is the hand history for the pictured hand at the top--check out the limp on AA and then watch as they get CRACKED!

Full Tilt Poker Game #1624908250: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (11865806), Table 1 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:05:24 ET - 2007/01/18
Seat 1: vaaco (1,175)
Seat 2: polko (1,305)
Seat 3: spartan74 (1,830)
Seat 4: tenandtwo (1,320)
Seat 5: ctallen0000 (1,430)
Seat 6: ME (1,430)
Seat 7: lafertydan (1,770)
Seat 8: Poker Loc (1,500)
Seat 9: thatghai (1,740)
ctallen0000 posts the small blind of 20
ME posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ME [Jd 4c]
lafertydan calls 40
Poker Loc foldsthatghai calls 40
vaaco calls 40
polko folds
spartan74 has 15 seconds left to act
spartan74 calls 40
tenandtwo calls 40
ctallen0000 raises to 120
ME folds
lafertydan raises to 200
thatghai raises to 1,740, and is all in
vaaco calls 1,135, and is all in
spartan74 folds
tenandtwo folds
ctallen0000 calls 1,310, and is all in
lafertydan folds
thatghai shows [Ad Ac]
vaaco shows [Jh Ts]
ctallen0000 shows [Tc Th]
Uncalled bet of 310 returned to thatghai
*** FLOP *** [5c 3h Js]
*** TURN *** [5c 3h Js] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [5c 3h Js Td] [4h]
thatghai shows a pair of Aces
ctallen0000 shows three of a kind, Tens
ctallen0000 wins the side pot (510) with three of a kind,
Tensvaaco shows two pair, Jacks and Tensc
tallen0000 wins the main pot (3,845) with three of a kind,
Tensthatghai: what a !$!@ign joke -- (his comment after losing the hand-LOL)
vaaco stands up
The blinds are now 25/50
*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4,355
Main pot 3,845.
Side pot 510.
Rake 0
Board: [5c 3h Js Td 4h]
Seat 1: vaaco showed [Jh Ts] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Tens
Seat 2: polko didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: spartan74 folded before the Flop
Seat 4: tenandtwo (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: ctallen0000 (small blind) showed [Tc Th] and won (4,355) with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 6: ME (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: lafertydan folded before the Flop
Seat 8: Poker Loc didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: thatghai showed [Ad Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Moral of this story? NEVER LIMP WITH ACES!!!! Even though he got all his money in pre-flop, his limp invited other callers, and he ended up losing a monster, rather than winning any size pot at all.
Remember--A short price, is always better than a long face.

No comments: