Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year-Updated

WSOP TIME BABY!!! Harrah's released their schedule of events for 2007...and here they are (click to enlarge):




I have some thoughts on the schedule, and will get back to posting them later...time to head off to work!
UPDATE: 7:05pm....OK, looking at the schedule, I LOVE IT! Gone is the overload of hold em (limit and NL), and welcome back to the mixed games (HORSE and SHOE)..multiple HORSE and SHOE events means that some actual POKER will be played. Awesome. Plus the WSOP folks decided to bring back the 7-stud split games as well as a NL 2-7 lowball event. There is no doubt in my mind that the WSOP Players Advisory Board (made up of several top players) got these changes made (reducing the number of Hold 'Em tourneys and bringing back the mixed games etc.), and thankfully those voices were heard, and reacted to.

Only downer from my standpoint is that the NL HE event that I usually play in is gone. There is no 1K buy in event in NLHE....the lowest buy-in for that is now $1500. Guess I have to get a paper route or something to supplement the difference! Anyway, I will hopefully find my way into one of those events. I just hope to be playing the way I was at the start of the league season.

We should have a nice group from the league heading out to Vegas at that time as well--whether I play in the Series or not won't matter--we'll certainly find plenty of tournaments to get mixed up in out there.

~M

No comments: