Thursday, August 2, 2007

I think I need help. Seriously.

I read poker, I watch poker, I play poker, I think poker.

That's not my problem.

My problem are the sweet, beautiful, round, colorful, bubbly, effervescent, exciting, attractive, smokin' hot, gorgeous babies that are associated with the game. They are so great just to touch, fondle, feel with every finger on my hands.

Not groupies--like I would have any of those.

No. My problem are the chips. I want all of them when I am playing (because that means I win). I want all of them for my collection. I know I can't have every style of chip out there, but I just picked up a set that looks alot like my first big set. In fact, it's virtually the same, except the edgespots are aligned, the ceramic blank is a different type of construction (but very similar to the Chipco blanks I had before). I love them. I just got them. I love them.



They will be in action on Saturday in my tourney, which has seen the field shrink (at last check) to 18. We are going to start with T10K in chips, so everyone will have substantial play in their stacks. I doubt we will have anyone bust out in the first 5-7 levels, meaning everyone will get to play plenty of poker.

As for my chip sickedness, I can't help it. I am always going to love looking at new chip designs, and long for that sexy new set that comes along. I know I won't be buying anymore chips for a long LONG time, but when I do buy another set, I am gonna go clay Paulson's. Of course that will be a large outlay of cash on my part, and so be it. By the time that day comes, the wife and I will hopefully have added onto our home, and I will have the sweet poker lair. Complete with 4 tables, a couple flat screen monitors mounted on the walls that show the tournament clock as it counts down, all the bells and whistles.

That's a ways down the road.

Then again, Powerball is over 100 million for Saturday.

Gotta get my tickets.

Later!

~M

PS-the chips were done by a company in California called ABC Gifts and Awards. They are amazing to work with, great product, great customer service. In the interest of disclosure, I am not paid to say nice things about Gene and his company. They deserve every bit of good press they get. They rule.

No comments: