Friday, July 27, 2007

Brain fry is such a bad thing

I know I just got back from vacation.

I know I had a great time.

I know I should be refreshed.

I'm not.

Sorry the blog posts have been lacking, but man, I just can't get back into the swing of things. I know the start of NFL training camps will get me going again, but wow, getting through the end of the nothing-ness of summer has been tough.

Anyway, how about some poker? Played in the July league event and was out early. Didn't see much in the way of good cards (best hands I had were 99 and JJ), and even when I had some form of connectors, I couldn'thave missed flops any bigger. 10-9 suited? Flop 2-5-6, rainbow. No pair, no draw....no chance. Busted early, and then proceeded to watch the longest heads-up match in our league history. Was fun, and draining all at once (maybe that's why I am still tired). In the end, NY Mike outlasted Killer Korrie after a heads-up time of 2:11. That's 2 HOURS and 11 minutes. Wiped out, I tell ya.

Gonna be hosting a game at my place next weekend, hope to have 3 full tables, but the response has been slow. Couple folks coming in from out of town, so it will be nice to see old faces.

Anyway, here's hoping the dog days of summer drift away like Michael Vick's NFL career--fast!

~M

No comments: