Monday, August 6, 2007

3rd place....twice.

The Saturday Summer Heat Hold 'Em was a nice hit, although we ended up well short of the desired field goal of 24-32. No problem. Had a field of 16, and it was nice to have some old friends drive in for the fun. I ended up getting 3rd place in the biggie (starting stacks of T10K), when my KQ suited didn't improve against Morgans 10-10....seems like everyone catches face cards against me to beat me, but I can't do the same. Oh well. Morgan ended up winning the biggie.

We then played a 10 handed tourney, and I got 3rd in that. It was so late, I think I got knocked out when my K-10 was beaten by Mugsy A-J. Anyway, suffice to say, I enjoyed myself, considering I never do well when I play tourneys at my place. I usually go broke early, but I was able to survive some brutal hands (through 3 straight levels, I never saw an Ace, and every paint I had was matched with a 2-6 in some form or fashion). Saw 2 pocket pair the whole night (44 on the first hand of the tourney and then one more pair at final table).
Overall an enjoyable night of cards. Looking forward to doing it again sometime.

Also, the new chips were a hit. 160,000 in play...never got to color off the 100 chips, but that's ok....another time.

~M

No comments: