Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What Up CHIPTALK.NET!!!!

Lots of peeps heading over here from chiptalk.net, and I wish to say thanks for peeking in. You have likely noticed in some of the posts my chips (past and present) that were purchased from very good folks at the site.

Most recently I purchased my Binion's Horseshoe Tribute chips from ABC Gifts and Awards--Gene is a top notch human being who has the ability to make some damn nice chips. His work is highly recommended by me, and many others. Check out his site here.

I also purchased 2005 WSOP Chipcos from a fella with a company called Boston Poker Chips, but I am unsure if they are still in business. My experience with them was not nearly as good as ABC. I did get the chips from them, but not the order I submitted and ended up with a set that didn't work. I sold off the Chipcos and bought the Horseshoe's, and am quite happy.
But not totally.

Thanks to the folks at chiptalk.net, I have become a raving chip lunatic. There are so many talented artists coming up with new and exciting designs, inlays, edgespot combos, etc., that I simply need 2 additional jobs to feed my chip addiction. And it is an addiction.

No, I don't need, or want any help. No intervention required, thanks. I love this addiction, and I suspect it will be with me for the rest of my life.

Gene already knows another big order is coming from me for his aligned edgespot WSOP replicas, but I may end up holding off, since the 2007 WSOP is right around the corner, and there is talk of new Main Event chips being introduced. I also need to augment my Horseshoes, as Gene has added more denominations, with some great looking chips, plus I want additional chips of the denoms I already have.
I am sick, aren't I?

Oh well....planning for Vegas in July with the wife, which is going to rock. Problem is, I will miss out on a get-together with my fellow CT'ers in Atlanta in April, and a Vegas junket with them in August. Only way I can make it is with a smooth lottery hit on Wednesday (120 million baby!).

I hit that, there won'tbe enough chips left on the planet for anyone to play with....BECAUSE I WILL HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!!

Chiptalk.net. A great community with wonderful people, bonded together by the love, and sickness of poker chips. You guys rule.

No comments: