Sunday, March 18, 2007

Uh-oh....

Now is NOT the time to be running bad, but that is what Sunday was. A bad BAD run.

Nice full game, with 10 players. Tried to pick up a pot from early position with a raise, but got called. Checked out the flop and the turn, I bet the river, and got caught with my hand in the cookie jar. By Ace high--that was how bad my hand was! LOL. Tried a stab, and missed, and got caught. No biggie.

It was a rebuy game, with 1 full rebuy allowed through the first 4 levels. I busted my original stack with the following:

Blinds at 100-200 (Im pretty sure), I am in late position with 55. 1 early limper, and player to my right limps. I shove for my last 975--not good considering there is already 700 out there. Only get 1 caller, and I immediately say " Ace-King?" That's what he flips. Suited too.

Flop:
4-3-3
Turn:
4
River:
A

Not a fun beat, but also factor that the board was a rainbow, and that the Ace of clubs was flipped (exposed) during the deal (and was then the first burn card), and another player mucked an Ace...that's your gardern variety 5 outer (1 A, 3 K, and the case 4).

Dammit. Rebuy.

I go broke when I push with A-2 after a flop of A-J-5 rainbow, and the limper to my left flips AJ for top 2 pair. Bad time for me to shove, but I was getting short (imagine that), and he had the hand. Knuckle the table, and slide into the dealer position...all I could do.

Why is now a bad time to be running bad? Well.....next week is the March league event. Yes, I am in good shape regarding the points, but I want NO PART of a close call when it comes to making the Tournament of Champions. I want a nice big finish on Saturday to lock up my TOC seat, and leave nothing to chance. Basically, I am still playing for a win, and not a points-earned seat.

I would say that I have an advantage, since I am playing in familiar surroundings (read-my place), but I haven't fared well in League games in my home. I have had 1 final table and a 10th place finish in league games here. The other finishes were early...as in first or 2nd eliminated. Ack.

Hopefully, I got my early finish out of my system TONIGHT, and will be aruond for a final table on Saturday. A FT would lock me into the TOC, but I want a win. I am so frigging hungry to win one of these things, it is reallty not even funny. I know I am capable, I just need that angel on my shoulder.

Anyway, no live game this week until Saturday for me, and since I whiffed on the Powerball AGAIN (I wish they would just pull my numbers already), I will be working through at least Wednesday.

Ever wonder how the conversation with your boss would go if you hit the jackpot on the lottery?
I have.
MANY times.

Good luck, and good cards,
~M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, who won Sunday? I hated to leave early, but wasn't feeling too good...could have been the cards...who knows???

See you at the final table Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen

-AcesFull said...

Jason and Ballpark chopped 60-40 around midnight.