Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Quick hits, late night...

Sitting here, at 2:00am, makes me realize one thing--I love poker so much.


Was able to sit in Irish Jim's game last week Wednesday, and came home 2nd, and nearly staged a rally to win it. Still, 2nd was nice--I somehow find a way to cash at his place, which is always a nice feeling driving over there.


Been a busy time with work--State Championship Basketball games last weekend, NCAA Tourney starting this week, ACC Tourney last week...so much to do, and so few bodies to do it properly. We manage, but it's time like that I would much rather be squeezing a couple of KEM cards and try to determine raise, call, or fold.


I'll get the chance in a couple Saturday's when we play the March league event, but I am gonna try and squeeze a game in this weekend. One of our League members wants to do a game on Saturday--which, of course is St. Patrick's Day. I have no problem with St. Patty's Poker...my wife might, which puts me on a draw for that day. If I make the draw, I'll be there...otherwise, I'll probably try to do a game on Sunday. 1 table, that would hold me over.


Been having a good start to this week, as my daughter is visiting from college for a couple days. She goes back home on Wednesday, but spending time with her and catching up has been awesome. She is an amazing young woman, with her head on straight. Makes me proud to call her my daughter, and even prouder when she calls me "Dad."


Anyway, it's late, and I am multi-tabling on FT (1 hold 'em tourney, and a HORSE sit-n-go), so until next time...


Good luck and good cards!

~M

No comments: