Monday, July 28, 2008

Time for a harsh evaluation

1. I suck.

2. I still suck.

How harsh is that? I am so off my game right now, it's pathetic. Maybe I just need that break from the game, which is likely what I am going to take. A couple weeks off, no poker, just chill a bit, and get back to being the kind of player I know I am, and should be.

Thinking back on Saturday's league event, I can see signs of fatigue setting in. First, I had to work Saturday morning, which was an early one. I showed up barely on time (if not a little late) for the start of the event, I simply wasn't mentally prepared to play.

Add to that, the recent Vegas trip where the cards were as cold as the air conditioning--I'm a bit gun shy right now.

So, that being said, I'm taking a break from the game for a little bit. I may post on the blog here--but if you don't like non-poker materials, consider this a vacation of sorts. I'll be back with poker stories in the near future, but for now, I just need to get away from the game.

Trust me, this is not permanent.

Good luck and good cards,
~M

No comments: