Sunday, October 19, 2008

I play so bad...

...and I know it. Just horrible.

Well, maybe I'm over-reacting.

No, actually I'm not.

Finished 10th in the October league event, seeing a minute number of pocket pairs (KK was tops, down to 88, 77, 66 (twice), and 22). Had a couple dreamy flops that led to big pots, but in the end, I got too cute when I needed to be big and ugly (2 very relevant terms for me). I didn't deserve a better finish than 10th because I didn't play well enough.

I want to state, for the record, that I was not angry at any of my competitors during the tourney. I was, however, angry with myself for the plays I made. Apologies if anyone was offended or upset with me. Not the intent at all.
The blog has been on the back of my mind of late, and I apologize for that. Work has had me at full speed (which isn't fast for me), but it may slow down a bit over the next 10 weeks or so. That's my hope anyway. Been a lot of weekend work, but for as busy as I have been from about Aug. 1 to now, it should be about the exact opposite going from here. I hope to return to a normal blog posting pattern at that time.
For now, I will continue to hunt the occasional live game opportunity, and try and improve this thing I call a game. I still love me some pok-ah, I just haven't found enough hours in the day, or days in the week to play as often as I would like.
Oh, and I'm getting old. 39 is no longer right around the corner. I've turned the corner, and simply have to pass the line. That comes in 2 weeks. Ugh.
Good luck, and good cards,
~M

No comments: