Friday, September 26, 2008

Back in the day


I used to update this blog on a regular basis, but I have to tell you, that life away from the table has prevented me from being as blogsponsible as I would like. Still, I miss you guys (all 6 of you that read this thing).
September league event was horrendous for me. Card dead for the most part. Made some good lay downs, but not until it was too late (as in the pot was so big, it was painful to get away from the hand, but I was beat and I knew it). Won 2 small pots, which didn't help, finally got all my chips in with QJ suited in diamonds, get called by 6-6. Flop comes 9-10-x, board pairs the 9 so now I have 19 wins in the deck (any K-(4), Q-(3), J-(3), 10-(3), 9-(2), 8-(4)). The "x" on the flop was smaller than a 6 (I forget what it was, but not big enough to counterfeit his hand).
River = brick. Seeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaa!
Played in the side game, and wasn't profitable there. We played the "7-2 prop"--anyone winning a hand with 7-2 (with the nuts or a bluff-anyway you scoop it), every player at the table pays you a dollar. We're playing .50/1, I get 7-2, flop at gut shot straight draw (6-9-10 rainbow). Player ahead of me (my bud Vito), bets out, I only have a little more than his bet, so I decide to shove, knowing: A-I am getting called, B-I am behind, and C-I plan to re-load after the hand.

The correct answer was D. All of the above.

Sick thing happened on my way to the wallet. The board went runner-runner 7-7, and I scooped on a set of 7's. Vito had KK. I apologized profusely for the bad beat--I knew I was dead to an 8 (best case scenario), and he had a bazillion wins in the deck on his side. It was a live "online" hand. Just sick. Funny, he hasn't spoken to me since that night.

Next league event is in a few weeks, and I'm going to do my best to get my game focused again. I haven't played very well over the past month, which is partially due to my work schedule. Been busy on weekends, which has kept my Sunday game dark. Will be that way for the next month (but I may sneak one in so watch your e-mails!).

Good luck and good cards,
~M

No comments: