Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Monday

Blah. I want to play poker.

Can't do it. Not at all this week, unless I manage to pull a game together on Saturday. Sunday I have to go out of town, so now traditional Sunday game, nor is there the pub any longer.

It appears the pub folks aren't making any money on the poker folks.

I call bullshit.

There were anywhere from 9-16 MORE people in their place than they had on Sunday's before the poker tourneys began. If HALF of them drink, or eat, they are making MORE money than they were making before the poker tourneys began.

I'm not a business man by any stretch, but if 8 more people are purchasing food and drink than were purchasing in the past, I would think something is better than nothing. They gave it 3 whole Sundays, before pulling the plug. I won't be going back to that place in the future, not because it's a bad place--far from it. Nice pub, nice TVs, nice staff. They gave up on us. I've given up on them (unless they re-think the situation, but I doubt they will).

Love me some hockey, and just finished watching the Washington Capitals flat out DESTROY Boston tonight. 10-2 the final--yikes! Alexander Ovechkin was sick, 3 goals, 2 assists...Bruins goaltenders need some burn lotion for the back of their necks. They were getting sunburn from the goal judge's red light being turned on over and over. Wow, the Caps looked damn good, which doesn't bode well for the Carolina Hurricanes. Canes lead trimmed to 3 points in the division, with lots of hockey left.

Anyway, hopefully something comes together for Saturday night. Would be fun to have a 9 handed game at the ranch, but many of the folks I play cards with have found a new place closer to where they live. We'll see.

Until then, I'll keep dreaming of the right 6 numbers for Powerball this Wednesday. Lump sum payment of 85 million bucks. Now THAT'S a lot of buy ins.

Good luck and good cards,
~M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your body (Flubug)