Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The calm before the storm

March of 2008 is running a close 2nd to May of 2008 in terms of the "holy-crap-it's-a-busy-month"-ometer. Work will be hectic for the next 2 of the 3 weeks, and then there are the preparations for the hell month that is May. I'd go into details, but it might depress me, and I'm feeling pretty good right now.

I remind myself of where I was back in 2001, so I know it could be worse. I could be out of a job.

OK, enough serious stuff. I'm gonna take an evening away from the grind tonight--don't know if it will involve poker or not. Mrs. Chipstack is beyond understanding when it comes to my love of rounding. She has yet to say, "I don't think you should play tonight," when she knows I really want to get to the table, and of course, Irish Jim has a game tonight. He told me that there might not be room--BLASPHEMY!!! I will see him shortly, and if there is an open seat, I shall approach the wise, all-knowing Mrs. Chipstack to see how she feels about it. Translation-I'll ask for permission!

Played Saturday night at the homestead here--6 handed game, and I was surprised my body heat didn't melt the cards I was getting. Talk about chilly decks. BBRRRRRRR! best hand I saw all night was pocket 9's, twice. Had AK suited, and pocket 7's, 6's, and 4's. Everything else ranged from sorta playable (suited connectors, suited 1 or 2 gappers), to ultra trash. It was ugly. Mrs. Chipstack played again, and while I outlasted her at the table in the long run, I also had 2 rebuys to her none. She wins.

Had a weird dream Sunday night into Monday. Mrs. Chipstack and I were at someones house (no idea who, but they were friends). An hour or so into the visit, Daniel Negreanu and 2 friends come in to hang out as well. Nice conversation, nice visit, good time. Daniel and I get to talking about golf, which leads to the 2 of us walking from a golf cart to a tee box to begin playing. At this point, one of my co-workers (a random person to say the least), rolls up in a cart, telling us she has one more player for our group, and that their bag is in the back seat of her 2-row golf cart. The bag is lying down, it is silver with the word "Buick" stitched into the side. I pick it up, and the bag belongs to Tiger Woods.

Just as Tiger is about to come into view, my alarm goes off, and I wake up. I know why Tiger is there--I recently watched a youtube where he is surprising random golfers with a Buick SUV (search "Tiger Trap" on youtube--it's really cool). Negreanu? No clue why he popped into my subconscious. Weird, but cool, and also frustrating. I KNOW , in my dream, I could beat Tiger.

Good luck, good cards, and sweet dreams,
~M

No comments: