Friday, February 15, 2008

A quick one on a Friday night

February League tourney is ready to go....turnout is a bit sluggish (again), and it is quite frustrating. the League's Executive Committee does do a lot to make sure these things run as smoothly as possible. They get no pay, or anything like that, and it just seems that some folks don't appreciate it, or kinda take it for granted. The frustration level has me seriously pondering my involvement for next season in an official capacity. We'll see. It also may just be Friday, and I've had a long week.

Chips are sorted, cards prepared, buttons ready, tables cleaned. Shuffle up and deal. My question is whay hockey jersey to wear? Old skool Blackhawks? LA Kings? Quebec? Old skool Vancouver? Decisions, decisions...

Had a chance to play in a free poker tourney at a local watering hole last Sunday. It's part of a local league that runs games at bars in various parts of town. Good people running it, free for the players, a very nice time. I'm not just saying that because I finished 2nd in my tourney. Not at all. They are running a points system that will qualify X-number of players for a year end tourney. Tourney winners will get buy-ins to WSOP events (or satellites-I honestly forget). I wonder how these guys running all this make any money on these things. They must, otherwise they wouldn't do it. I am grateful for them, and plan on playing some more in the future.

Gotta run--have a great weekend!

~M

No comments: