Monday, May 28, 2007

Hell month is officially OVER!

WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Actually I mean Wii!!!!

Wife picked up the Wii over the weekend, while I was sluigging it out at the track with my media brethren. Nice to come home and see it, knowing that my day off (Monday) would be spent learning the ins and outs of it. It's cool. WAY cool.

Anyway, the Coca Cola 600 signified the end of hell month for me, and my colleagues. We kicked some major ass with our coverage of the race, the post-race activities and such. I am so, and I mean SO, lucky to work with such GREAT people. Irish Jim, AB, Hollifield, Whitey, Timbo....the boys rocked it, and we looked amazing (in spite of the idiot in front of the camera on the tower, lol). BIG thanks to you fellas. You have my undying respect.

Now it's on to more important things. POKAH!!!

TOC Saturday on the horizon. Gonna be a long day for me. Have to deal the satellite tournament--no, I didn't lose a bet, just part of my responsibilities to the league as one of it's EC members. Then, once the sat winner is determined, we'll take a break, and then play the actual TOC. Very excited about that event. T4000 starting stack with regular season blind schedule. LOADS of play built in. Gonna be a marathon night (I hope for me anyway), but the field is only 15 players, so it's gonna be a good one.

I did play some live poker over the past few weeks--both sessions at the track after races. No cashes, but had fun. The game is generally light (not league serious is what I mean by light), so, even though I got busted on the bubble this past Sunday, I really didn't get bugged about it. Last hand I played went like this:

4-handed, I'm UTG with Q-10 suited. I go all in for my last 2500 (we were in level 9, so blinds were something like 400-800 with a 200 ante...I was 3rd in chips at the time).

Button goes into the tank, and comes out with the call. other 2 players fold. He shows A-J off suit. I took the lead when I hit my Q on the flop, but he also hit a J on the turn, so he was still VERY live. River A sealed my fate (he had 5 outs, 2 more than he would have had had the J not hit the turn), yet I just laughed and said nice hand. He had me going into the flop, and ended up wining the pot (and also the tourney later on). A very late night, but a fun night after a great race. We'll THINK about doing it again in the fall, but we are at the mercy of the weather then.
Too cold? No game.
Maybe.

Good luck and good cards,
~M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked...making a move with Q 10??????????? LOL

Karen (aka Q 10)

-AcesFull said...

and they was sooted too!!