Sunday, May 20, 2007

All apologies...

...to the 4 of you that check out the blog. Been crazy this month at work (see earlier posts), and luckily, I am nearing the end of Hell Month. 1 more week to spend at the race track, and then I can settle into a slight groove before football season.

Great night with the crew at the track on Saturday...solid video, audio, great pictures, and unreal teamwork. Big thanks to Smitty, Whitey, Hollifield, & Timbo for making it look flawless. Our folks in the control room get their props as well, and my boy T-bone was money in studio. He can roll with the punches like no other, and it's a treat to work with him, as infrequently as it happens. I look forward to it each and every time I get to share TV time with him.

Anyway, one more weekend at the track (means no poker--insert sad face here), but after that, the biggie. The TOC. Had a small 6 handed game at the house Sunday night (just wrapped up an hour ago), and I was able to win it. Nice feeling, and I like the cash too, but my eyes are focused on the Tournament of Champions. I didn't win an event during the season, but a win at the TOC would certainly more than make up for that. VERY tough field shaping up, so I need to be on stroke.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend....I say that knowing that I likely won't be able to update the blog until next week. If you know a veteran, of the family of a veteran....make sure you go out of your way to say Thanks for all their sacrifices. If you have never served in the armed forces (like me--I never served), you likely have no idea what they have ever had to do to defend our country. A thank you is the least we can do.

Good luck and good cards,
~M

No comments: