Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hey there Chipstackers!

Long time, no blog...sorry for the delay, but I tried to post a new entry last Thursday, and as I clicked "submit", my internet connection died. Oh well, it is what it is.
Anyway, last weekend was North America's Battle for Golf Supremacy, Part 1. Frigging Canadians smoked us by 32 shots. In poker terms, that is being dealt a mid pair, flopping a full house, only to have your opponent show you flopped quads. Kick in the gut, folks. My partner and I played well, but we had some big numbers come in after us, and it was just ugly. We'll have another go at them in June--bigger event, more players, more fun.

As for poker itself, I am gearing up for the final regular season tournament of our League this Saturday. We have been running poll questions with our membership this week, about how to improve the league for next season. So far, suggestions range from an altered points system, to larger starting stacks, to longer blinds, and so on. Lots of good feedback.

My take on it is this. I love the league system we have in place, and recognize it is not perfect. People wanting an overhaul of the league (in terms of big changes to what we have in place), in my opinion, are wanting those changes for their own benefit. Our points system rewards consistency, and winning (high points without a tourney win gets you a TOC seat, a win gets a TOC seat). To me the system isn't broken, but it could use some tweaking. Major changes would be a detriment, in my opinion.

Anyway, have to get ready for work, as I try and keep focus this week, leading into Saturday. No guarantees for me, and I need to play some great poker Saturday, so I can lock in my TOC seat.

Winning on Saturday would take care of all that.

Yeah, I think I will win Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!

I agree with you on the league...could use some tweaks but not the complete overhaul some people are proposing.

See ya' at the final table tomorrow (well, guess it's today now...didn't realize it was this late).

Karen