Monday, June 11, 2007

Do I have any friends at all?


OK, I know I do, but the ones I call friends & play poker with are some needling folk.

Which is good.

Trust me, this blog post is intended for smiles, and is not a cry for help (or any sort of cry for that matter), but DAMMIT VITO, 3-5 OFFSUIT????

LOL

Here's the hand: Blinds 50-100, I'm in nearly position (1 off the gun) with QQ. I raise it to 400. All fold to the Big Villain who flat calls from the BB, the 300 more.
Flop: 2-4-7, 2 clubs

Villain checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: 6 (3rd club on board), Villain checks, I bet, he raises, I call.

River: Q spades.

Both check. If a 4th club had hit, I would have bet it. Instead I show my set after he rolls over the 3-5 for the turned straight.
I don't know that I played the hand poorly. Raised preflop, bet the flop, etc. Did I need to push harder preflop? It's that goofy line of the game--having the big hand, and wanting to get paid off for it. In this case, I would have been paid off, had BV not hit the perfect flop for his hand.

And he thought I was gonna call him a donkey. I'm not. He made his play, and it hit.

Burro.

That felt good.

Anyway, season 3 begins this Saturday, and we have a new points structure going into place this season. Should make things interesting, since we are only paying points to the top 15 players in the event, and the meaningful points are at the top. I am looking forward to it, no matter the points as I enjoy my time with the league members. They really are a great group, and a lot of fun to hang out with.

So much so, that a good chunk of the league is heading out the Vegas in July. League players (and spouses) in Sin City for about a week.

I hope there is enough Advil in Vegas--we're all gonna need it.
~M

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, PTVS. Someday, you'll advance beyond misapplications of ABC poker thought and theory and actually learn how to play the game.

For now, just continue to complain about how the folks that seem to be consistently felting you are donks. We don't mind.


How's that for a needle? :D

BV

-AcesFull said...

I'm hurt. I think I'll give up poker.

Anonymous said...

Give up poker? Is that what you call what you do at the table?


BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


BV


PS. Remember what I said about some plays I'll only try on good players?

-AcesFull said...

you are showing me a lot right now, BV.....