Thursday, October 25, 2007

How lucky can one guy be?

Wassup....been feeling a bit run down lately, only because I am not sleeping all that well. Long hours at work, and I just can't bring myself to call it a night before 2a.m. usually. Need to get more sleep, so I feel better throughout the day. I know, this isn't what you jumped over here for.

Yes, pokah, pokah, pokah....Haven't played since the league game last weekend, which is fine. I have a birthday coming up in a few days (Nov. 3), and the lovely Mrs. Chipstack has granted me the go-ahead for a tourney at the house that evening! Awesome! The word has been put out amongst our league folks, although response has been somewhat slow. It will be capped at 30 max, but I doubt we'll approach that number. Depending on the number of players, we will go with 1 of 2 starting stacks, either T10K or T25K, with blinds set accordingly. I am looking forward to it, since it will be a night with friends, playing tournament poker.

Before all that, I have the 3rd and final CANUSA Cup tournament for 2007 this weekend. Gonna be a quick trip in and out of Raleigh--I drive up late Friday after work, golf in the late morning, then drive back to home afterwards, since I have an NFL game on Sunday to cover. Wish I had more time to hang out with my buddies, but duty calls. Hate that I have to leave, because my friend Darren is coming in from New York, and I haven't really seen him since I moved out of Raleigh. He's a great guy who I played hockey with, and he's the one that got me hooked up with these CANUSA fellas. I have made some pretty solid friendships as a result, so I owe alot to Darren.

We shall defend our nation's honor this weekend--even if it rains!

Good luck and good cards,
~M

No comments: