Thursday, January 14, 2010

I've issued a challenge

OK, it's not an original idea, but I think it's ambitious. Win my way into the WSOP in 2010.

Not by tournament qualifying, mind you.

By grinding.

Got an e-mail from an online poker site that I used to frequent (haven't played online in a long time, due to the UIGEA, and watching how it all played out). Anyway, the e-mail says, "hey, there's a balance of $10 in your account. Why have you stopped playing here?"

Honestly, I had no idea there was $10 in that account. So, I have taken that as a challenge. Run $10 into a WSOP (smaller buy in) seat.

I'll be keeping tabs on the progress here at the blog, and hopefully, will be able to be triumphant. The goal is to run it into a buy in for my June trip to Vegas, during the heart of the WSOP.

If I go broke, I go broke. All I lose is $10 I didn't know I had in the first place, right?

Session 1:
START - $10
END: $28.31 (+18.31)
GAME: .05/.10 NLHE
TIME PLAYED: No clue. ROI isn't important to me at the moment. Just trying to build the roll.

~M

EDIT: this challenge lasted about 2 months, highest I got the account to was about $50, and got bored with micro-limit cash games. Went nuts playing $5 tourneys until it was gone. GG, me.

No comments: