Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stopping short of a week....

I'll drop an entry on ya.

Nothing nice to say about my play in the league event this past Saturday.

Fastest bust out EVER for me (and probably in league history). My KK runs into AQ suited. I raise pre-flop, get called. Q high flop, with 2 clubs. I bet, get re-raised, I call. Turn is the K of clubs. I shove, get called, see the bad news, and go broke.

Game over. No Player of the Year for me. Yeah, I was fairly sick for a few hours after that.

No, I don't wish to re-analyze the hand. I've thought about it a million times, and the only way I don't get busted there is if I check the flop, and try to control the pot that way. Still, even if I check-call there, the gin card hit both of us, which would have gotten all my chips into the middle. Bah.

Did play in the Pub Poker quarterly tourney, and as it turns out, a $10K seat in the WSOP Main Event went to the winner.

No, it wasn't me. Something with KK was bad for me, as I went broke with that hand in the Pub tourney too. All in for my last 2400, get called by A-J off, Ace hits the river. Game over. No WSOP seat for me.

I did manage to have some fun--it didn't suck. I love playing cards, dragging pots, table chatter, all of it. I just didn't get to do very much of those things this past weekend.

Next game for me? No clue. Irish Jim is playing tonight (bashtard!), and I was thinking about doing something this Sunday, but that isn't looking very promising at the moment. After this weekend? Not another clear date until May 31st.

Say it with me.....Powerball....Powerball....Powerball.....Powerball.....

Good luck and good cards,
~M

PS-Sorry for the lack of pics. Not feeling very photogenic lately.

No comments: